Saturday 1 November 2014

Saturday Spotlight - Q&A // The Melton House


Q1: A bit about yourself and children?

I'm Rachel married to Rob (Mr M) and have our little boy Baby M. Both Mr M & I work full time so our family time is precious, we try to make the most of our time together. Mr M & I met 6 years ago and married 3 years later. We had our little boy in Dec 2013. Baby M is such a curious little boy and determined. When he sets his mind to something he doesn't give up. He loves exploring. He has recently started nursery and I am hoping this will help develop his social skills.

Q2: A bit about your blog?

My blog is about our adventures as a family. It started as a record of my pregnancy and my experiences but now baby is here it's developed. As he's got older it's more about our life experiences as a family and our adventures.

Q3: When and why did you start blogging?

I started blogging Nov 2013 in the last month of my pregnany. I had been keeping a written record of my pregnancy and a photo journal so I thought I'd combine the 2 online via a blog.

Q4: What do you like writing about? Maybe your top 5 favourite things to write about?

I love writing about Baby M, he's my top topic. I also enjoy writing about our days out as a family - it will be great to look back over these with Baby M when he is older. I am currently training for a half marathon and the Great North Run so I enjoy writing about my running. I enjoy writing Baby M's monthly milestones posts, I can't believe how quickly time is going. Time with our immediate families doesn't happen as often as we'd like due to distance so I love taking photos and recording these events. The posts that you don't plan can be as great as the ones you do, baby m doing something funny or impromptu I love sharing

Q5: Where do you get your inspiration for posts from?

Day to day life. What we are experiencing at that time.

Q6: What was your first blog post about?

My pregnancy

Q7: What do you find toughest about blogging?

Fitting it in with life. I work full time and time I have with Baby M is precious so I blog when he's in bed

Q8: What do you look for in someone else's blog?

Easy to read. Informative. Personal experience & views. Sense of humour

Q9: What advice would you give to your fellow bloggers?

Write your way and about topics you have a passion for. Write when you can about something you care about rather than every day about something you don't

Q10: Recommend three other blogs you're currently loving?

I love The London MumMy Family Fever and We're Going On An Adventure

Q11: What is your favourite thing about blogging?

I love the blogging community and meeting other bloggers. I love taking part in twitter chats. It great to hear other peoples's experiences on a certain topic. Everyone is a great support. I have my first proper blog event next year which is both exciting and nerve wrecking

Q12: Where can we find you?

Blogwww.themeltonhouse.com
Twitter@mummymelton
BlogLovinwww.bloglovin.com/mummymelton
Instagram@mummymelton
Facebookwww.facebook.com/mummymelton

No comments :

Post a Comment

please no spamming these will be deleted, only leave relevant comments, you are welcome to leave your blog link at the end of a comment - thank you :)